Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A quickie...or maybe not

Okay, so I haven't posted in three days. Sue me. Actually, you won't get anything, since I'm broke and unemployed (cue the violins...). Tonight (I'm still counting this as Wednesday. It doesn't count as Thursday until I go to bed and get up) I had rehearsal for my choir. Now, I'm not a fan of going to rehearsal. We practice for three hours. That's a long time to be focusing on one task. I know, most people do it all the time. But that's torture for me. Even though we get a 15-minute break, it's still taxing.

So as I was saying, we had rehearsal tonight. We were learning the music for our upcoming concert. Something to confess here: I can barely read music. I know what quarter-notes and half-notes and whole notes look like. But don't ask me for how long to hold the note. I just follow the lead of people around me and hope to hell they're getting it right. I was so lost at points throughout the night where I just stopped singing and stood there with this annoyed/frustrated look on my face. I was tempted to throw my music on the ground, scream "Fuck it!" and storm out. But I didn't because a) I'm sure the people in the choir think I'm weird enough already and b) see "a." So I just joined in at the parts where I was semi-comfortable with what we were singing.

Here's another confession to make: I have crushes on people in the choir. That alone isn't shocking. The problem is that some of these guys are partnered. I would love nothing more than for these guys to take one look at me and decide to throw their respective relationships down the toilet, all just to be with me. I know that's not realistic, but whatever.

And then there are the guys that are single, but I don't think are attracted to me. There are two guys in particular, we'll call them "P" and "J." I actually went on a non-date with P. I think he's very attractive, but I get the impression he doesn't feel the same way. Then there's J. J is kind of shy and quiet and I don't think he would make the first move if he were interested. But I don't like being the one to make the first move either. I've put myself out there too many times. I want some guy that I like to like me back and make it obvious. Is that too much to ask?

Enough of my bitching. It's time to go to sleep and let Thursday happen. Catch yinz later 'n at!

No comments:

Post a Comment